And....we're back to normal!!! Woo-hoo! Brennen is doing fantastic. He looks great, you can hardly tell he was burned! He didn't have to have any skin grafts and the doctors said everything looked great! He did get a staph infection that was pretty crazy the week after Easter. I had no idea what staph looked like so I thought he was getting bad achne from the medicine he was puttin on his burns. Well, it started to spread. It started at his neck and then covered his body. We went in and they put him on an antibiotic 4 times a day and an ointment 3 times a day. He also had 2 roseffin(sp?) shots. He went out each morning for 3 days to get looked at and make sure it was getting better. It took all his energy. He basically slept nonstop for a few days. The first day we went to the doctor for it, we came home and I had noticed a dot on Dav's back the night before but didn't think to much of it, well the next day he had it all over his back. So I called back out to the clinic, at this point feeling like a hypochondriac, and they wanted to see him. Sure enough...staph. He had gotten from Brennen so he went on antibiotics and ointment as well. They started me on one too so I wouldn't get it. Thankfully, I never did! They both got over it pretty quick and it didn't make them too sick! We're finally back to normal! So...he played softball Thursday night and played in a basketball tournament in Milford Friday and Saturday! I knew he wouldn't stay down for long! Once again, thanks for all your love and support during that crazy time! It is my last week student teaching this week! I really should be finishing up my ohh 25 or so page report right now but I needed a break! It's such a bitter sweet feeling! I'm graduating on May 1st. CraZy! Anways, here are some updated pics.

We just got a new puppy! I was a little hesitant about getting a dog but the 'boys' wanted one soo bad and the family we rent from just had lab puppies so I gave in and we bought one! I think Brennen is more excited than Dav but I think they're both pretty happy! His name is Drake. He is actually pretty dang cute!





The weather has been nice and I have been dying to get the lawn mowed..well for Brennen to mow the lawn I should say;) Dav decided he wanted to help, imagine that!

Dav decided to color on the floor so I made him clean it up. Mean? Maybe-but he will clean up after himself!!
7 comments:
Brennen looks Great!! I'm so glad everything is getting back to normal for you guys!! That is so Awesome that you are done with school!! Congrats! I love your little dog, Dav will have so much fun with him all summer in the backyard!!
Brennen looks so good! I'm glad you guys are getting back to normal! Good luck with your 25 or so paper and graduation-that's so awesome!
Love the pictures with Dav helping mow! IF we had lawn I'm sure Addy would be right there too! Brennen looks good! You can hardly even tell! Well Im glad you got your paper done cause Im ready to start going back to the gym and walking! So hurry up and graduate so we can get back with it!!!
im all about making the kids clean up after themselves. awesome.
horray for normal!!!
Oh my cute puppy!! We'll have to let the kids come play with him. Cutler & Lexie LOVE puppies. ANd Brennen looks so good! Hope to see you guys soon.
Hey, I went private for a few weeks. If you want in email me at gilbergfamily@hotmail.com
Post a Comment