Thursday, January 22, 2009

Its the first..but I'm sure it won't be the last!

Well, I started back to school this month and I must admit I LOVE IT! I really didn't think I would ever like school - especially college.. I'm sick of school, I'm going to be a super senior, it's time for me to move on with my life, but I can honestly say I LOVE IT! I'm actually kind of nervous and sad it's getting close to the end. I love the education program and I love learning about ways to teach kids and all that fun stuff. This semester I have a class where I go to the SUU preschool lab. I seriously love it. I wait all week to go there. It is so much fun! I get to teach next week and I'm pretty stoked about it. The unit is oceans and I think I have a really fun lesson planned. Anyways, I'm taking 21 credits so its a pretty big load. I'm getting pretty sick of the drive but its okay I guess. All I can say is I am sooooooo thankful for my mom and my mother-in-law. I would be stressed out leaving Dav 5 days a week if it wasn't for them. They are so awesome and its so nice to know my little guy is in good hands. I was going to take the block over the summer and student teach during the fall but I decided to take the summer off. So now I'll do the block in the fall and student teach next spring. Brennen plays bball every Tuesday and Thursday nights and he coaches our wards bball team on Tuesdays. They just started an archery club here on Wednesday nights so he has been doing that as well. So there you have it, life with the Ortons! Here are some cute pics of Dav. and what he has been up to lately. By the way...Dav has learned how to say mamma! LOVE IT! It's seriously sooo cute. Yea, his dad is a little upset but he'll get over it!

Dav loves to lay on our bed and watch Baby Einstein

One of Dav's favorite places to be....lookin out the window. I will sit him on the couch and he pulls himself up and plays in the blinds and looks out the window. Its so cute he bounces on the couch and gets sooo excited. He thinks he is a hott shot...I think he is too :)


Dav has learned how to pull himself up. This table causes me a great amount of stress because he loves to pull himself up on it and then he'll get all excited and ..SmaCk ... he hits his mouth and those two little precious teeth and then he screams. He is a speedy little bugger. He has my magazines off the table in no time and ripping pages and all that good stuff. As soon as I see him getting up on the table I try to move him over to the couch as quick as possible. I am quickly reminded why I am perfectly fine with him not crawling or walking anytime soon...to late I guess! He doesn't really crawl, he will get up and go for a sec and then just plops down and scoots to wherever he needs to go. I'm sure its hard work keeping that fat little belly up in the air that long. It's got to be tough! He just figures he'll roll and scoot to get where he needs to go. He has mastered the army crawl and he loves getting into everything! Let the fun begin... ahhhh!


Pulling himself up has led to this...his first bloody nose. Hence the title...its the first but I'm sure it won't be the last. Brennen and I were laying on the ground playing with Dav and he was pulling himself up on me. Well, he decided to be tricky and push off me and stand on his own. He did this a couple of times and would stand for like 2 seconds and then just fall back on me. Then he was standing against Brennen's legs and he reached for me, right when I turned my head, and he face planted it right in the ground. Yea, he was screaming. It didn't take long and he was over it. The bottle solves everything.

6 comments:

Katie Snedeger said...

I love all the cute pics!!! He is so handsome and growing up so fast!!! I love how all boy he is!!! what a tough little man!

Tiffany said...

Kiesh, he is getting so big. I can't believe he says mama! Hey, did your mom tell you we were blessing Lexie this Sunday (the first)? Hope to see you guys!

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

I can't belive how big he is. Addi isn't even close to pulling he self up on things.

Karlee said...

Hey Kiesha! I'm glad that you like school. I wish you were in the block with me right now. There are a lot of fun people doing it this semester. I just wanted to say hi and hope to see you around campus!

Will n Chelsea said...

Keisha...ur super woman. I think it is soooo great you are going to school and being a mom/wife!!! You go girlie!!! The pics are darling!!!

Kelli and Nicholas said...

ha ha he's so cute! I want a chubby baby boy! I'm glad you love school so much. You can love it enough for the both of us :)